Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy 30th Ash!


Ash,
Happy Birthday! I am so blessed to have you as my dear friend. You mean so very much to me and you've blessed my life in so many ways - lots of thoughts come to mind. Your encouragement through life's heartbreaks - you've helped me through some of my toughest days. Calling me at inspired moments. Chatting & laughing through the night until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. Being an optimist - I so admire your gift for not worrying. Loving me even when you know my lame weaknesses. Swapping thoughts and recommendations about favorite books and even attempting the occasional long distance book group with me - no book group will ever compare to my Ash! Admiring your toughness - climbing mountains or whooshing down them, moving across country with twins on the way, carting three kids around Europe - always up for any adventure! You've rejoiced with me, cried with me, laughed with me, wished & hoped with me. You've been there for so many of my very important moments - and always there in my moment of need, big and small. So often you are the sounding board and voice of reason that helps me find perspective and much desired calm. The greatest confidante and the dearest friend are you! I love you so much and wish I were there in Switz to treat you to a girls weekend or some free babysitting! I can't wait till you are home and less than six time zones away. Happy, Happy Birthday, dear friend. I am so glad you were born 30 years ago. Here's to the next 30 - I expect great things! Thanks for all that you are. Love you so much!

Holly

No comments: